The authentic vernacular and classical
creations of Ong-ard Satrabhandhu stand as vigorous,
if lone, way signs to a civilized future.
Please contact us with inquiries.
6 Rachamankha 9, Phra Singh, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
+ 66 53 904 099 / email@example.com
- Photography, François Halard, Somkid Paimpiyachat
- Interior Design, Ong-ard Architects, Rooj Changtrakul
- Editorial, Errol Barron, Léon Krier
- Renderings, Songwut Usrisa, Puvanart Svavasu, Ettore Brunetti
- Website, Dyad Communications design office
WINGS WERE ADDED TO THE EXISTING Sino-Portuguese house that acts as a starting point of the master plan. There are three courtyards; each with its own distinct character, atmosphere, and spatial organization created by the colonnade. The new building is in a scale and proportion that is more true to traditional and classical norms.
The octagonal open-air lounge in one of the courtyards is a direct quote from the second century BC Tower of the Winds in Athens, Greece. It is surrounded by a colonnade with columns taken from the sixteenth century Udaipur City Palace in Rajasthan, India.